Mon, Jul 08|
Camp Dynamite LIVE
CHILDREN AGES 7-10. Register here for Camp Dynamite LIVE! and gain access to 10 weeks of interactive lessons, creative stories, and fun rewards!
Time & Location
Jul 08, 2019, 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
About The Event
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have children attending both the Children's and the Youth Camp, each registration application and deposit must be processed separately.
HOW TO REGISTER
1. Select either a $20 deposit or $110 registration fee.
2. A parent or legal guardian must complete the registration form.
3. The following documents must be submitted and received by us with one week of completing the registration form:
- Proof of birthdate (copy of birth certificate)
- Proof of identity (copy of school ID with picture)
- Proof of current address (copy of driver’s license or state ID)
- Proof of health insurance (copy of health insurance card)
- Health History form *
- Parental Agreement *
*These forms may be accessed at CampDynamiteDC.org/forms.
Documents may be submitted via the following:
- Email: Scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Mail to: 1100 Savannah St. SE, Washington DC 20032
- In person during normal registration hours: 1217 Alabama Ave. SE, Washington DC 20032. Registration hours are the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of May-July from 12:00-2:00 pm. Please note: If you are unable to make copies, you may bring the original and we will make a copy when you arrive.
All required documentation must be submitted and received no later than June 22 for Children's Camp or July 20 for Youth Camp, or you will forfeit your child’s space at camp. Please be aware that providing false information will disqualify your child from attending Camp Dynamite and registration monies will be forfeited.
4. Pay the balance of the registration fee by the following date:
- June 22 for Children’s Camp
- July 20 for Youth Camp
WHAT IS CAMP DYNAMITE?
Camp Dynamite is a popular, highly recommended week-long overnight Christian summer camp . We leave on Sunday evening and return on Friday evening.
Our purpose is for every camper to:
1. Choose to be a lifelong follower of Jesus Christ.
2. Develop Christian discipleship qualities and address critical life issues.
3. Develop effective methods of communication and conflict resolution.
4. Improve literacy and life skills.
5. Participate in activities that promote health and wellness.
- Swimming, basketball, and other sports!
- Creative and performing arts!
- Exciting Bible classes and chapels!
- Arts and crafts!
- Eating delicious food!
- Air-conditioned dormitories or motel-type rooms
- Three delicious meals and snacks every day.
Camp Dynamite is conducted at the Potomac Park Retreat and Conference Center in Falling Waters, West Virginia
(near Hagerstown, MD). We meet to depart from Anacostia Gospel Chapel, 1217 Alabama Ave SE, at 4:00 pm on Sunday and travel together on vans or buses to West Virginia. We return to the same location at approximately 7:00 pm on the following Friday.
The registration fee for one week of camp (Sunday evening through Friday) is $110 per camper. This includes round-trip transportation, 16 meals, daily snacks, lodging in air-conditioned rooms, and all activities. The actual cost to Camp Dynamite is $300 per camper. Because of generous individuals and organizations, we are able to offer the reduced rate.
A non-refundable $20 deposit will reserve your child’s space for camp. The balance is due no later than June 22 for Children’s Camp and July 20 for Youth Camp.
Payment for online registration may be made via credit card or CashApp ($CampDynamite).
Key Dates for 2019:
May 4 In-person Registration begins
June 22 Balance due for Children’s Camp
July 7-12 Children’s Camp: Ages 7-10
July 20 Balance due for Youth Camp
August 4-9 Youth Camp: Ages 11-16
WHAT TO BRING
We strongly recommend that parents write the name or initials of their children inside their clothing to prevent items from being lost.
- Sheets/blankets (or sleeping bag), and pillow
- Modest swimsuit
- Sweater or light jacket
- Modest clothes
- Tennis shoes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Personal hygiene products
- Bug repellant
Our staff is comprised of dedicated Christian youth and adults who volunteer their time. Campers are supervised 24 hours a
day. Our counselors are positive role models whose primary concern is the campers. Our staff attend mandatory training sessions and have passed background checks.
Dr. Pamela Butler - Lead School Psychologist, Eagle Academy PCS (Washington DC)
Steve Fitzhugh - Founder of The House DC and former Denver Bronco (NFL)
Pastor John K. Jenkins, Sr. - First Baptist Church of Glenarden
Additional references available upon request.
If you have children attending both the Children's and the Youth Camp, each deposit must be processed separately.