Sun, Jul 05|
Depart from: Anacostia Gospel Chapel
Children's Camp for Angel Tree families
Camp for CHILDREN ages 7-10. A deposit of $20 and the complete registration form will save your space until the deadline of June 20. All documents and full payment must be submitted. Visit CampDynamiteDC.org/angeltree for details.
Time & Location
Jul 05, 2020, 4:00 PM – Jul 10, 2020, 8:00 PM
Depart from: Anacostia Gospel Chapel, 1217 Alabama Ave SE, Washington, DC 20032, USA
About The Event
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have children attending both the Children's and the Youth Camp, each registration application and deposit must be processed separately.
HOW TO REGISTER
1. Select either a $20 deposit or $60 registration fee.
2. A parent or legal guardian must complete the registration form.
3. The following documents must be submitted and received by us with as soon as possible.
- Proof of eligibility: Angel Tree application *
- Proof of birthdate: Birth certificate
- Proof of identity: Valid school ID or recent close-up picture of child holding birth certificate
- Proof of current address: Parent's driver's license, state ID, or recent utility bill
- Proof of health insurance: Health insurance card
- Health form *
- Parental Agreement *
*These forms may be accessed at CampDynamiteDC.org/angeltree.
Documents may be submitted via the following:
- Email: Scan and email to CampDynamite@outlook.com
- Online: Upload to CampDynamiteDC.org/angeltree
- In person: Visit the Camp Dynamite office during office hours. Please note: If you are unable to make copies, you may bring the original and we will make a copy. when you arrive.
No documents will be accepted via mail. Any mail received will be returned to sender. All required documentation must be submitted and received no later than June 20 for Children's Camp or July 18 for Youth Camp, or you will forfeit your child’s space at camp. Please be aware that providing false information will disqualify your child from attending Camp Dynamite and registration monies will be forfeited.
4. Pay the balance of the registration fee by the following date:
- June 20 for Children’s Camp
- July 18 for Youth Camp
WHAT IS CAMP DYNAMITE?
Camp Dynamite is a popular, highly recommended week-long overnight Christian summer camp. We leave on Sunday evening and return on Friday evening.
Our purpose is for every camper to:
1. Choose to be a lifelong follower of Jesus Christ.
2. Develop Christian discipleship qualities and address critical life issues.
3. Develop effective methods of communication and conflict resolution.
4. Improve literacy and life skills.
5. Participate in activities that promote health and wellness.
- Swimming, basketball, and other sports!
- Creative and performing arts!
- Exciting Bible classes and chapels!
- Arts and crafts!
- Eating delicious food!
- Air-conditioned dormitories or motel-type rooms
- Three delicious meals and snacks every day.
Camp Dynamite is conducted at the Potomac Park Retreat and Conference Center in Falling Waters, West Virginia
(near Hagerstown, MD). We meet to depart from Anacostia Gospel Chapel, 1217 Alabama Ave SE, at 4:00 pm on Sunday and travel together on vans or buses to West Virginia. We return to the same location at approximately 7:00 pm on the following Friday.
The registration fee for one week of camp (Sunday evening through Friday) is $110 per camper. The discounted rate for Angel Tree families is $60 per camper. This includes round-trip transportation, 16 meals, daily snacks, lodging in air-conditioned rooms, and all activities. The actual cost to Camp Dynamite is $300 per camper. Because of generous individuals and organizations, we are able to offer the reduced rate.
A non-refundable $20 deposit will reserve your child’s space for camp. The balance is due no later than June 20 for Children’s Camp and July 18 for Youth Camp.
Payment for online registration may be made via credit card or CashApp ($CampDynamite).
Key Dates for 2020:
June 20 Balance due for Children’s Camp
July 5-10 Children’s Camp: Ages 7-10
July 18 Balance due for Youth Camp
August 2-7 Youth Camp: Ages 11-16
WHAT TO BRING
We strongly recommend that parents write the name or initials of their children inside their clothing to prevent items from being lost.
- Sheets/blankets (or sleeping bag), and pillow
- Hand sanitizer
- Modest swimsuit
- Sweater or light jacket
- MODEST clothes
- Tennis shoes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Personal hygiene products
- Bug repellant
Our staff is comprised of dedicated Christian youth and adults who volunteer their time. Campers are supervised 24 hours a
day. Our counselors are positive role models whose primary concern is the campers. Our staff attend mandatory training sessions and have passed background checks.
Dr. Pamela Butler - Lead School Psychologist, Eagle Academy PCS (Washington D