Senior Adults Camp
Time & Location
About The Event
HOW TO REGISTER
1. Select either a $20 deposit or $150 registration fee.
2. Complete the registration form.
3. The following documents must be submitted and received by us with one week of completing the registration form:
- Proof of birthdate (copy of birth certificate)
- Proof of current address (copy of driver’s license or state ID)
- Proof of health insurance (copy of health insurance card)
- Health History form *
- Physician's statement
- Senior Camp Agreement *
*These forms may be accessed at CampDynamiteDC.org/forms.
Documents may be submitted via the following:
- Email: Scan and email to email@example.com .
- Mail to: 1100 Savannah St. SE, Washington DC 20032
- In person during normal registration hours: 1217 Alabama Ave. SE, Washington DC 20032. Registration hours are the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of May-July from 12:00-2:00 pm. Please note: If you are unable to make copies, you may bring the original and we will make a copy when you arrive.
All required documentation must be submitted and received no later than July 20, or you will forfeit your space at camp. Please be aware that providing false information will disqualify you from attending Camp Dynamite and registration monies will be forfeited.
4. Pay the balance of the registration fee by July 20.
WHAT IS CAMP DYNAMITE?
Camp Dynamite is a popular, week-long, overnight Christian camp designed especially for Senior Adults to:
1. Consciously set aside time for God.
2. Withdraw from daily pressures.
3. Be refreshed and energized along with other senior adults.
We leave on Sunday evening and return on Friday evening.
- Arts and crafts!
- Games and movie nights!
- Prayer walks!
- Exciting and relevant Bible studies!
- Eating delicious food!
- And more!
Our senior adult camp occurs concurrently with our youth camp. While there will be optional activities that allow for interaction between the generations, you will not be responsible for supervising any youth.
- Air-conditioned dormitories or motel-type rooms
- Three delicious meals and snacks every day.
Camp Dynamite is conducted at the Potomac Park Retreat and Conference Center in Falling Waters, West Virginia
(near Hagerstown, MD). We meet to depart from the Congress Heights Wellness Center, 3500 MLK Jr. Ave SE, at 8:30 am on Monday travel together on vans or buses to West Virginia. We return to the same location at approximately 2:30 pm on the following Friday.
Double-occupancy air-conditioned rooms with private bathrooms. Single occupancy rooms are available on a first-come-first-served basis. All single occupancy rooms are on the upper level of the accommodations and are not handicapped accessible.
Camp Dynamite is conducted at the Potomac Park Retreat and Conference Center (a smoke-free facility) in beautiful Falling Waters, West Virginia (near Hagerstown, MD). We meet to depart from the Congress Heights Wellness Center, 3500 MLK Jr. Ave SE, at 8:30 am on Monday travel together on vans or buses to West Virginia. We return to the same location at approximately 2:30 pm on the following Friday.
Three delicious meals every day.
Gymnasium with fitness room; nature trail; outdoor swimming pool ; more.
The registration fee for one week of camp (Monday morning through Friday afternoon) is $150 per camper. This includes lodging for five days and four nights in double occupancy, air-conditioned rooms; round-trip transportation between Washington DC and the campground in West Virginia; all meals and daily snacks; and program activities.
The actual cost to Camp Dynamite is $350 per person. Because of the donations of generous individuals and organizations, we are able to offer a discount of 57 percent to you.
A non-refundable $20 deposit will reserve your space for camp. The balance is due no later than July 20. Payment for online registration may be made via credit card or CashApp ($CampDynamite).
Key Dates for 2019:
May 4 In-person Registration begins
July 20 Balance due
August 5-9 Senior Adults Camp
WHAT TO BRING
We strongly recommend that parents write the name or initials of their children inside their clothing to prevent items from being lost.
- Casual clothing
- Comfortable shoes
- Sweater or light jacket
- Modest swimwear
- Towel and washcloth
- Personal hygiene products
- Spending money
Dr. Pamela Butler - Lead School Psychologist, Eagle Academy PCS (Washington DC)
Steve Fitzhugh - Founder of The House DC and former Denver Bronco (NFL)
Pastor John K. Jenkins, Sr. - First Baptist Church of Glenarden
Additional references available upon request.
- Partial Payment - $50$50$500$0
- Copy of Partial Payment - $100$100$1000$0
- Total Registration$150$1500$0